Firstly, the flight sheds at Larkhill on Salisbury Plain have received a Grade II* listing. Three sheds were built in June 1910 by the British and Colonial Aeroplane Company, on land leased from the Army. The first Boxkite flew from here, in July 1910, and the company set up its own flying school on this site. The location was ideal, as the company flew its products right over the top of the senior officers in the Army on Salisbury Plain.
Secondly, two World War 1 hangars at Filton have been Grade II listed. These were built for the Royal Flying Corps, which became the RAF in 1918. The earliest is a metal clad side entry hangar, probably built around 1916. The other is a three bay Belfast Truss hangar, built around 1917, and used by the RAF for almost 60 years. Both are still in use, the latter is used to shelter Filtons resident light aircraft. Both the 1935 art deco New Filton House and the earlier Filton House next door have been grade II listed for some time.
Lastly, on Kemble Airfield, 24 hangars formerly used by the RAF for storage and maintenance have been listed. These were built in the late 1930's, and the Bristol Aero Collections new hangar is one of those listed.